Written 11/22/09
First semester is starting to wind down. We have 4 more weeks until winter break. Last week was a short week: we had no school for Presidents’ Day on Tuesday and Field Day on Friday. Before that, though, I was definitely starting to feel a bit worn out, and I noticed a lack of energy from the students as well. I guess I’m used to having a bit of a Thanksgiving break, which of course, they don’t do here. I’ll just say that this three-day week was very well timed. It was refreshing to be able to take some time to clean my second-floor apartment, get a haircut, make pancakes for breakfast, sit in the shade, and watch students exerting themselves in 90 degree heat while reading The Dharma Bums and All the King’s Men. I certainly feel rejuvenated going into this week, and a month more classes doesn’t seem like too much at this point. This mini slump I felt, however, makes me start to worry even more about second semester. We have no spring break, and I believe the only days we have off are Good Friday and Easter. The spring semester is also almost a month longer than fall semester. I’m hoping that I’ll be seasoned enough when the time comes that I’ll be able to deal with both the students’ and my flagging energy alright, but it’s intimidating to think about right now when I’m not even finished with first semester. I suppose there’s no use worrying about it before the time comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment