Written 5/8/10
Now that I’m on the home stretch, I’ve noticed myself taking a bit more time to appreciate the positive aspects of life here recently: the ocean view from the porch, the 60 second commute by foot, the community of students who help keep this school running, and the quiet enthusiasm of my seniors. At the same time, I’ll be ready to go home when my plane leaves. I’m looking forward to no longer having to check everything I eat for bugs, which seem to have staged an insurgency towards all our cereal grains in the last couple of weeks. But for now, I’m just taking it in stride and living with the happy knowledge that this year has been a success and that I have three weeks of relatively clear sailing between now and finals. Getting home may be an ordeal, but with any luck, the Air Marshall Islands flight will happen as scheduled (I’d say about a 60% chance) and I’ll be home by the second week in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment