written 10/14:
For the most part, I am sweating all day, every day. There are two times of day when this is not true: right after I wake up and right before I go to bed. Usually I manage to read a little bit at both these times on my apartment’s porch and it is in these moments when I see why living next to the ocean can be so great. A breeze funnels through the house and, as I am situated on a chair just outside the door, it has to pass over me to escape. I can confidently say that this breeze is the most comfortable I have ever felt. It hits my skin just the same way a perfectly drawn bath would and envelops me. At these times, I have the desire to be neither warmer nor colder. My only wish would be to be able to feel the present temperature more intensely; to have it reach deep inside me. Furthermore, the humidity in the air softens everything about it, as if there were a constant stream of goose down in the air that brushed the hairs on my skin as it flows over me.
That’s my air conditioning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment