My house here feels like it’s on a farm. It’s a very strange thing to be on the second floor of an apartment and hear roosters, dogs, and cats making noise all day and parts of the night. And to be on small tropical island the entire time, no less.
Every evening the sunset looks absolutely spectacular from my porch. The first few nights I thought it was a fluke, but it has yet to let me down. The best part is that it's always beautiful in a different way.
The boat with all our food finally came exactly two weeks after coming to Jaluit. It was the best day ever. Seriously. I don’t consider myself a materialistic person, but Morgan and I were both just stupidly happy all Thursday and Friday. Eating spaghetti with tomato sauce has never tasted better.
Yesterday I realized that because I'm in the tropics, there should be some time when the sun is exactly overhead. I did a little figuring, and I'm pretty sure that given my position at 6 degrees N and 169 degrees E, the sun should be overhead on September 7, at 12:42pm. I would now like to take a minute to thank my parents for paying for the education that allowed me to figure that out. Love you!
Last week the power lines were having some work done on them so the electricity was out. My principal gave me a portable gas stove to use (our range is electric) in the meantime. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud when I saw the label on the burner made in China:
Portable Gas Stove
*Inside set up profession transmit hot panel, it can use in the low temperature environment, it all can pledge burning amply and strong burning power.
*The shelf can adjust, even if the biggest pot it can stably.
*Use electric lighting fire, a hundred shots can not miss.
*The burning equipment is through design with great care, the efficiency of hot is very high.
The first time we tried using it, we nearly blew ourselves up because one of the gas tubes had a leak. We had to get a different one and cross our fingers before we could boil our water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment